twitter.com/jhawthorn | github.com/jhawthorn | email@example.com | PGP: 3743BC1E8B9DB1D9
I’m a software developer in Victoria, BC. I write ruby and some C at GitHub.
I’ve made some minimalist unixy tools: fzy is a better fuzzy finder for the terminal, meh is an image viewer using Xlib.
Some ruby projects I’ve worked on: Solidus, execjs-fastnode, curl-to-ruby, discard, dkim, ttytest, fast_sqlite.
- Eliminating delays on ESC in vim and zsh
- Ruby spreadsheet hack for whyday
- Squeezing performance out of CUDA
- Speed up your rails startup time
- Work, work. Zug zug.
- Dealing with the MySQL slow log on Amazon RDS
- Introducing the dkim gem
- Switching from Jekyll to nanoc
- Minecraft to IRC bridge
- Prevent Hanging sshfs Connections
- Using Rails URL helpers outside of views and controllers
- Hibernate with reboot on Linux
- Android Cloud to Device Messaging
- Rails redirect plugin
- Friendly SQLite output
- Rails logging to console
- Restoring data on rooted Rogers Dream phones
- Extracting images from a PDF
- meh 0.3